How to react to WhatsApp messages using an emoji
- This feature allows users to send an emoji reaction instead of typing messages.
- Currently, 6 emoji reactions are available to use.
AdvertisementWhatsApp reactions feature is finally here on Android version 184.108.40.206 and iOS version 22.9.76. This feature allows users to quickly react with an emoji to a message similar to Instagram, Facebook Messenger and iMessage.
Meta owned messaging platform launched this message reaction on 5th May and since then the feature has been rolling out to WhatsApp users around the world. In an official blog post, WhatsApp said, “we’re excited to share those emoji reactions are now available on the latest version of the app. Reactions are fun and engaging, and they reduce overload in groups too. We’ll continue improving them by adding an even broader range of expressions in the future.”
The emoji reaction is available across all Android, iOS and desktop users.
More about WhatsApp Emoji message reactions
This feature enables you to instantly react to specific messages with emojis without flooding the chat with messages. Currently, WhatsApp offers six emojis that you can use to react to messages-
- Thumbs up
- Face with mouth open
- Face with tears of joy
- Person with folded hands
- Crying face
- Open WhatsApp and go to a conversation.
- Long press on the message you wish to react and you will see emoji popping up.
- Select the emoji you want to use. Once reacted, it will show up at the bottom of the message bubble.
- To see how many people have reacted to WhatsApp messages, tap on the emojis showing up on the message bubble.
- Open the chat and hover the mouse over messages sent by users
- An emoji icon will appear, click on the icon and choose from the available options.
- Once selected message reaction will be sent.
EA Sports to rename its football game as it ends licensing deal with FIFA after decades
YouTube launches channel membership gifting, allows users to gift monthly membership to others
Popular on BI
- L&T, Tata Motors, RBL Bank, Matrimony.com among stocks to watch out for on May 13
- Last day to apply for Delhivery IPO; grey indicates a discounted listing
- Sony PS5 will be up for pre-booking in India on May 13: Where, how to buy
- Retail inflation rises to eight year high in April as food prices spike
- Asus Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition review – a combination of interesting design and solid performance