LIC IPO allotment check — here's how to find out if you have been allotted LIC shares
- Life insurance behemoth LIC is likely to announce its share allotment status today.
- India’s biggest IPO of a state owned insurance company’s largest IPO was subscribed 2.95 times.
- The IPO will be listed on May 17 on exchanges.
AdvertisementThe state-owned Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) IPO – largest in the history of the Indian stock market – is likely to announce the allotment status of its initial public offering (IPO) today, May 12.
The IPO was open for subscription from May 4 to May 9. The company received bids for 47 crore shares as against 16 crore shares on offer.
Moreover, the grey market premium of the company’s shares show a discount of ₹10 from the higher end of the price band. This suggests that the stock may list at a discount to the application price.
The portion reserved for retail investors was oversubscribed by 1.99 times on the last day of the IPO bidding process.
The price band of the IPO is fixed at ₹902-₹949 per share, which most analysts believe is low compared to other players.
Post listing, LIC may become the fifth largest company in terms of market capitalization on exchanges after RIL, TCS, HDFC Bank and Infosys.
Here is how to check
- Go to the BSE website or NSE website here.
- Then, Select 'Equity' and then from the dropdown, select ‘LIC’.
- Now, enter your application number and PAN.
- Click on 'Search'.
- Please note the details will only be available once the shares are allotted.
- Visit the registrar's website here .
- Click on 'Select company' and click on ‘LIC’.
- Then, enter either your PAN, the application number, or the client ID.
- Enter the captcha and click ’submit’.
SEE ALSO: ‘Tomato flu’ outbreak in Kerala — All you need to know about the new infection
Foreign investors have pulled out ₹1.5 lakh crore from the Indian markets in 2022 so far — here's why
Popular on BI
- L&T, Tata Motors, RBL Bank, Matrimony.com among stocks to watch out for on May 13
- Last day to apply for Delhivery IPO; grey indicates a discounted listing
- Sony PS5 will be up for pre-booking in India on May 13: Where, how to buy
- Retail inflation rises to eight year high in April as food prices spike
- Asus Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition review – a combination of interesting design and solid performance